GG: Moral equiv. of war

Cyndie,

You should appreciate the surprise I heard when I saw on MSNBC's show
_Time and Again_ an interview with the late Gene Roddenbury (sp?) who
said that he conceived of his series _Star Trek_ as "the moral
equivalent of war."  Who knew that William James could influence the
likes of Glenn Gould *and* G.R.  I don't suppose there are any Trek fans
out there who'd care to elaborate on the similarities of 'trek to "the
idea of north"!!!

Best,
Mary Jo