Re: Gouldian moments in recent film

Yep, it's NOT GG in the film but in the book (by Thomas Harris) Lecter
will *only* listen to GG play the piano.  Both the G'bergs and the two-
and three-part inventions.  Hannibal had a great admiration for GG's
artistry. I, too, find GG's Bach delicious... [Boo hiss] Still can you
imagine GG allowing Demme (the director) to use his recording for a
MURDER scene???  Gasp.  If anyone asked to use Glenn's recording I'm
glad they were refused.

-Mary Jo

P.S. I've taught the book several times.  If interested check out my WWW
site: http://complit.rutgers.edu/mwatts/silence.html