Re: Gouldian moments in recent film

Rohan!

> i recently saw "silence of the lambs"... just on a
>lark, does anybody know if it's gould playing? the texture of the recording
>used isn't that dissimilar from GG's.
>
>cheers,
>rohan

I agree that the texture is similar, and I was fooled too.  But afterwards
I sat really close to the TV and squinted at the credits, and the performer
was unfortunately NOT Glenn Gould, it was someone else whose last name, I
believe, begins with Z, or at least has a Z in it.  Too bad.  You would
think Gould would be the first choice of a man with Lechter's exquisite
'taste'!

Veronica
vxavier@sfsu.edu