Re: GG: Imagining Glenn Gould

Wow.
I am a bit speechless, this was a lovely and unusual essay and I am very
glad you forwarded it to us. After reading so many canonical,
epistemological, and ultimately dehumanizing essays about Gould, it is
refreshing (and really quite dazzling) to read a piece that allows Gould to
be a glorious nobody; a man in doubt, a man who fails, a man who is excited
by kindness and the touch of a hand, and who embraces with pleasure the
notion that it is never too late for a personal revolution. Very charming
indeed.

Thank you for sharing this work with us, I wish I could have heard it read
with the appropriate music cues. Are there other Gould stories you could
post?
Bruce shouldn't have left us!
Best regards,
Kristen

"I'm very much the anti-hero in real life, you see, but I compensate madly
in my dreams."

                                  -- Glenn Gould, "Toronto"