RE: GG: Beethoven/Liszt Fifth Symphony

Tim,

Thank you for your comments.  They are very helpful.

My question might have revealed my poor ability of English,
for the poem seems to be very easy for native speakers.

Anyway, now I try paraphrasing:

>     With this oft-stringent note let man now pause,
>     That who shall hear it, sounding thus, shall see,
>     That euphony's the one, sure, sacred cause,
>     And taking leave of octave doublings, flee
>     To that secured and effortless repose
>     Upon that tintinnabulating(*) key,
>     And with that quiet confidence which knows
>     Here was a note, here was a middle C.

With this oft-stringent note, let people now pause.
Those who shall hear the note ,which sounds like that, shall see
that there is a sure and sacred raison d'etre for the euphony.
Dismiss octave doublings, and
go and get that secured and effortless repose
upon that tintinnabulating(*) key.
And don't forget that here was a note, a middle C in the key.
You must remember the fact with a quiet confidence.
(Or you must keep the fact in your mind as a secret ??)

Correct?

Regards,

Junichi

 Junichi Miyazawa, Tokyo