--------------------------------------
Date: 7/25/97 9:44 AM
To: Joe Chanin
From: sisoeren@online.no
What started my interest- and later enthusiasm for Mr Glenn Gould was
his statement  on the subject of what one might call the "discovery of
slowness".
His "discovery of slowness" is relevant to almost all situation's in our
mental life: thoughts and feelings takes and needs time. For me he not
only is a brilliant pianist and musician but also a philosopher.
(After just finished Glenn Gould : A Life and Variations" of Otto
Friedrich I now look forward to receive "Glenn Gould : Selected Letters"
from Amazon.com.)

Needless to say, I would appreciate to read yours thoughts on this
subject: "Discovery of slowness".

Regards
Sigmund
Norway