RE: GG: the piano is hung from the chandelier

At 9:06 PM +0900 7/17/97, Junichi Miyazawa wrote:

>After that, I was startled at the unexpected
>replies from Tim Comway and Kristen Immor,
>which implies dirty poem/joke as its pretext.
>
>What do you think about it?
>Did GG really have the phrase in his mind
>when he was writing the notes?
>What shall I do?

Oh no Junichi, please don't jeopardize your reputation over Tim's raunchy
proselytizing... he's a varmint and he can't help himself.   (Hi Tim! ;-)

Anyway, much as I would love to believe the naughtier origin (think of how
the biographies would have to be rewritten!), I think you have the true
meaning of Glenn's comments, even if they aren't quite as much fun. Best
wishes on your continued translation.

Kristen

"I'm very much the anti-hero in real life, you see, but I compensate madly
in my dreams."

                                  -- Glenn Gould, "Toronto"