Re: Practicing at GG's apartment

>I was finishing "GG:  Selected Letters" and noticed in one of them
>(Sept. 30, 1979, to Carol Mont Parker) that he mentioned having Emil
>Gilels over to his apartment (1957) to practice on his Steinway before a
>Toronto concert.
>I was wondering whether GG made this a common practice? (If so who else
>visited?)

     I know this is nowhere as complete an answer as this post deserves,
but off the top of my head I can add that Gould also let David Bar-Ilan
play his piano, and the two of them were said to have been great friends.

More later,
Kristen

"I'm very much the anti-hero in real life, you see, but I compensate madly
in my dreams."

                                  -- Glenn Gould, "Toronto"