Practicing at GG's apartment

Dear Minors,

I was finishing "GG:  Selected Letters" and noticed in one of them
(Sept. 30, 1979, to Carol Mont Parker) that he mentioned having Emil
Gilels over to his apartment (1957) to practice on his Steinway before a
Toronto concert.

I was wondering whether GG made this a common practice? (If so who else
visited?)  Do you think they chatted much (if so about what?), or did
Gilels practice and leave?  What was GG's opinion of him?   There are a
million questions I could ask here, but I see what I can get from this.
If you see the can of worms as open here, write me as much as you wish
on the topic.

All the Best,
Charlie