Re: GG: Angilette Book/GG's writing

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Kristen Immoor wrote:

Also sprach Glenn:
>      "Far down, through the concrete channel, a myriad of flustered flotsam
> floundered against a flurry of the windsquall...  From far up I saw a
> vacillating abstract of surrealistic shape whose every minute movement only
> multiplied my misconceptions of their unity. For I, a stranger to their
> city, saw a mass - controlled, directed, pushed - as one. I felt the
> incessant onward motion of the crowd, but I, aloof then, failed to see that
> each small, separate movement was a symbol of their individuality..."

C...G...C..............Bim BAMMMM!....c.g.c.g.c.g.c.g...

Why, just think, these lines were written many *years* before the famous
Who concert in which fans got trampled to death.  Obviously GG's words
here are way prophetic about that event (or maybe it was a [deucedly
competitive] soccer match in which fans got similarly trampled...in either
case it's that abhorrent herd mentality, eww ick).  "We are all
individuals!"  "Gould be Praised!"

Say, whatever happened with that nifty "make up new sayings in the style
of GG" project?

>      Much like his punctilious counterpoint (and there's a fun combo to
> say!) Glenn's verbiage was pointillistic, frequently emphasizing consonance
> and alliteration, and his pronunciation was deliberate and rhythmic -
> easily mimicked, as my significant other loves to demonstrate.

Hey K, if y'all wanna be kinky, that's your business, not ours.  Like,
take it outside.  Remember, our friend the venerable GG didn't like any
inklings of public displays of affection.  And as for mockery, he could
certainly ladle it out, but could he always take it?  Now young lady, in
light of the evidence before us, how do you think he would have reacted to
your quasi-pleonastic confession here, hmm?  [arms akimbo, tapping foot]

Bradley Lehman ~ Harrisonburg VA, USA ~ 38.44N+78.87W
bpl@umich.edu ~ http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/