GG: The Sound's the Thing

Kristen:

Interesting response. In support, let me add that my older brother found
that he could not (would not) fall sound asleep without listening (through
headphones) to my copy of Gould's "Concert Drop-out" record interview with
John McClure. Without knowing it, my brother was lulled by the rhythmic
cadences and sound juxtapostions Gould created in his carefully crafted,
much-spliced interviews. For me, this is proof enough that GG was as much
interested in the form (the music), the presentation, of ideas as he was in
their content.

Didn't see the link to Adorno's writings. (Adorno's writings, btw, were, in
turn, influenced -- I believe -- by Goethe.) Thanks Mary Jo.

Regards,
Joseph