Re:

At 10:31 AM +0100 7/2/97, Paul wrote:
>I am not a memeber of the official Friends Of Glenn Gould but have one of
>their brouchers. Can someone tell me what the CD At Home With Glenn Gould
>is like?

Hi Paul, (you should join the Friends group, they need the money.)
     Anyway, the At Home cd is really very charming, it is a wandering
discussion between a youthful GG and his occasional producer Vincent
Tovell. They cover (and I mention only the things I really loved) Gould's
polite disregard for jazz and his self-professed complete inability to play
it; Gould's Opus One - which he plays a few measures from on piano, if you
can believe it; and a smattering of Glenn's own opinionated summaries of a
whole range of composers including Chopin, Bach, and of course Schoenberg.
The musical content of the cd is really quite minimal, but it is
nonetheless a surprisingly fresh interview compared to GG's later efforts.
If you are one of the obsessive-collector types (guilty!) then it is
guaranteed to please. I recommend it.

Regards,
Kristen

Perfectionist:  "Okay, high fast ball. Lenny Bernstein."
Performer:      "Bernstein? Why Bernstein?"
Perfectionist:  "Lenny is a pacifist who'd never run for office. I saw him
run for a cab once. Not pretty."

                                  -- "Glenn," David Young