Re: GG's signature: a lesson for parents-to-be

Mark Heesen said:

>Be considerate when you choose a name for your child.  I gave in to my wife
>in naming our first son Jeffrey.  I wanted just "Jef".  Yes, with one "f" [...]

Which reminds me -- and to give this at least an oblique musical thread, if
not a directly Gouldian one, all-time great US indie band, the Pixies, have
a great track where the shouted chorus is "Jef---rey, with one f,
Jef---rey...": but, you know, I cannot for the life of me (on this wet
windy February-like Friday morning in June) remember what it's called...

Best to all,  Alun

The Phoenix Partnership
public and voluntary sector research, development and project management
Alun Severn & Terry Potter                                    ALUN SEVERN
                                           1 Chestnut Rd  Oldbury B68 0AX
                                             Tel/Fax: +44 (0)121 421 5852
                                            email: alun@ukiah.demon.co.uk
...imagination is not, as is sometimes thought, the ability to invent; it
is the capacity to disclose that which exists.             -- John Berger