GG: Ulrich article

What a heartwarming article!

Yes indeed, this is what more reviews should be like. Ulrich stuck to the
image of Gould-as-legitimate-artist instead of taking the crazy public
stereotype of musician-as-eccentric. I think that's truly what calls to we
F-Minors: Gould as artist, as legitimate explorer of music, expression,
and a researcher of new techniques. It's much too easy to limit one's
perception to the genius with attitude who declared he'd never pander to
the masses at live concerts again. Ulrich's article reminded us all - and
told a whole bunch of new people, I hope - that Gould was ground-breaking
in radio, recording and musical expression for different reasons. (And
*that's* the difference between Helfgott and Gould!)

Once again I'm overcome and touched by our companionship on this list.
Isn't it nice to know that there are so many people interested in Gould
for the same reasons - and that there's enough variety in those reasons to
keep us discussing and arguing politely instead of just sitting about and
praising Gould?

Speaking of... I still haven't invested in the Images set. Pros and cons,
people?

Arin Murphy
Student, Savoyard,
Bookseller, Cellist-By-Night

"It really isn't difficult if you give your whole mind to it."
				-Lady Angela, Act 1
				   Gilbert & Sullivan's `Patience'