Re: your mail

Kristen,

Let me just offer my sympathy and commiseration to you.  Last summer at
just about this time, I awoke at 3:00 a.m. to find a burglar climbing out
my bedroom window!  My landlord not only didn't care, he admitted that
he'd left a garbage can full of compost under the window, and that was how
the burglar got in.  Fortunately for me, they didn't take much, just $400
of hockey ice money I was holding until Monday when I could put it in the
bank.  And they trashed my room, and all this while I was sleeping there!
The next weekend I got my Great Dane puppy and then I moved!  I make sure
everyone for miles around knows that huge horse-like dog is mine and I
_never_ say he's friendly.  The landlord then tried to evict me without
returning my security deposit because I had a dog!  Luckily, I had about
10 attornies on my side, we won the case.  And the landlord has had the
apartment vacant 3 times in the last 9 months.  I hope he has trouble
paying his mortgage.

Anyway, I'm so sorry this happened to you.  What city do you live in?  Not
that it's not the same everywhere.  Life sucks.  But then there's such
beauty, too.  Think of Bach.  Listen to Glenn.

Chin up.  Melissa
|Melissa M. Stewart			    |  Graduate Student           |
|State University of New York at Buffalo    |  Potential Theorist         |
|stewartm@acsu.buffalo.edu		    |  Hockey Player              |