Re: The GG Symposium

Kristen said:

>        Tomorrow morning I trot down to the airport, my first stop on the
>way to San Francisco and the GG long-awaited symposium. I am fairly
>nervous... [...] I'm going
>on a "lucky" day: 16th, 6 + 1 = 7. I'm sure GG would approve. ;-)

God alone knows what the significance of seven is. Whatever, I hope you and
any other f_minorites attending have a terrific time. My ferocious envy
follows you all.

>And for a modest additional
>fee, I will also provide an accurate physical description of our benevolent
>ruler, the mysterious Mary Jo :-D

Call me fanciful, but I believe I already know: a mane of thick black hair,
like Andie McDowell, maybe, and I suspect an accent to match -- quiet,
slightly shy, intellectual, reticent. Frightfully rich in a well-bred and
non-conspicuous way. Always worries that in devoting so much time to making
this den of addicts and obsessives possible she may be neglecting Vronsky,
her thoroughbred Arab stallion. Fortunately, she has good staff and Lipkin,
a dispossessed Polish Count, sadly fallen  on desperately hard times, can
be relied on to ensure Vronsky's well-being at all times of day and night.

And now, back to Handel, which is what I was doing before being distracted.

Best,  Alun

The  P H O E N I X  P A R T N E R S H I P  --  Alun Severn & Terry Potter
public and voluntary sector research,  development and project management
ALUN SEVERN                             1 Chestnut Road  Oldbury  B68 0AX
                                                   Tel/Fax: 0121 421 5852
                                            email: alun@ukiah.demon.co.uk
An age is always a farrago of different ages.  Whole parts of it are
unleavened and undercooked; it contains the husks of old forces, and
the seeds of new ones.                              - Alfred Doblin, 1924