Re: GG: The Weekly Update from Arin

>Does anyone else practice with some sort of noise in the background (on
>purpose, I mean)? Or am I way out there? Come on, folks, I'm starting to
>wonder if I'm a bit bats (not to suggest that Glenn was - oh - bother.).

Though not very good (but not very bad), I've been dabbling in Classical
Guitar (lots of Bach there!) for many years. I frequently practice with
background noise, whether TV or white noise like washing machine, dryer,
etc. I don't have anyone to do the vaccuuming while I play! I find the
physical results often more pleasing this way, though of course one can't
necessarily hear very much. What I mean by that is I think what GG meant:
I concentrate so hard on hearing that I don't waste any concentration on
the physical (centipedal) aspects of playing.

So I'm suggesting either you're not bats, or we both are.

Erich Schmidt