RE: Rachmaninoff?

People like Greg Romero probably will NEVER listen to a work like "Vespers"
by Rachmaninoff because they have closed minds.  As soon as they see the
name Rachmaninoff they will turn away from it.  Their minds are made up.
Too bad.  They are missing so much.

My favorites of Rachmaninoff are as follows:

1. Sonata for Cello and Piano (written during the same period as his 2nd
piano concerto).  I swear those instruments can TALK, they move me so much.
I have the Yo-Yo Ma/Emanuel Ax recording.

2. His piano preludes, especially about 4 or 5 of them in particular.  I
have Earl Wild and Weisenberg.

3. His songs.  I have a disk of Nicolai Gedda singing many of them

4. "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini".  Amazing that after a lifetime of
composing memorable melodies, that he should come up with the most
memorable at the end of his life.

5.  2nd and 3rd piano concertos.

6.  "Vespers"  I have the Robert Shaw CD.

Glenn Gould ?   Well, my favorites are his late version of Bach's "Goldberg
Variations".  I have the CD and the videotape.

Mark Heesen