Narration Music

If I understand Jon correctly, he is talking about the looser form of
romantic music. This implies a "story" that the more rigid format of
classical period music doesn't.

There's a subjective factor too. We live in a music drenched culture
and we often treat music like wallpaper. Some of it is, of course.

This responds to Greg's post on this subject. I think Jon's
contribution on this is both valuable and interesting. He has found a
vivid way to summarize the distinctions of the classical and the
romantic.

Best

Bob Williams prospero@netins.net