RE: GG & analytic/creative tasks

On Sun, 4 May 1997, Dave Budde wrote:

> I second the suggestion about discovering Rachmaninoff.  And don't

forget the Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini.

--yes, very much. a friend of mine is playing the pag. variations..

Simply the most beautiful music ever written.  With regard to Mao

zart not being a story teller, what about the Operas?

------well, yes. an opera would be a story...

And the Requiem?

------I can't see the Requiem as so much a story. it's very repetetive, i
think. It does seem, like other mozzy, to have sequential order.

Associating Mozart to just the Concerti or Sonatas would be too limiting.

------agreed, very much. and his later works, too, are much more epic.

And what about Tchaikowski.  Lots of good stories from him.

------agreed. he is very simple. very much so.