RE: GG & analytic/creative tasks

I second the suggestion about discovering Rachmaninoff.  And don't forget the Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini.  Simply the most beautiful music ever written.  With regard to Maozart not being a story teller, what about the Operas?  And the Requiem?  Associating Mozart to just the Concerti or Sonatas would be too limiting.  And what about Tchaikowski.  Lots of good stories from him.

With respect to listening to Gould while doing other things, I find his Beethoven 5th Piano Concerto to be quite inspiring.

Dave