composer analyzation

greetings, fellow gouldians!

it is very late at night and I can't sleep so I'm emailing a bunch to
everyone. some thoughts on music and stuff:

included with each composer is the color he most reminds me off. (an
abstract concept that I was thinking of a while back. my friend also had
the same idea...)

Bach: I find his style oddly mechanical (as someone before me had pointed
out) and yet completely irrisistable. my faves are his two and three part
inventions and the well tempered clavier.
color: varies very much. usually, green.

Beethoven: he is like a mozart who is not quite as clever but much more
rebellious. he is not what I consider one of the five best composers, but
he sent music to a whole new direction, so I have to give him credit for
that.
color: yellowish orange

Brahms: I'm just getting to know him. I am, however a bit familiar with
his Hungarian dances, which I find a bit repetitive, but a bit pleasing,
too.
color: blue

Chopin: I loooove Chopin. I think he is ten times more structured than any
other composer, which is delightful. He is a story teller... somewhat. He
sticks to the mood and melody better than Rach does, I think.
color: blue

Liszt: a little shabby, melodically speaking, but his transcendental
etudes are wonderful in that they convey a certain deeper quality found no
where else. whenever I hear them, visions of some satanic figure deep in
the bowels of the earth pounding on a piano come to mind...weird.
color: red

Mozart: the master of immediate aesthetics. If I'm in the mood for
deep intellectual sustanance, however, he leaves me still hungry.
color: purple to sky blue

Prokofiev: Fun. very fun. very silly. a bit loud. Although I love his
music, he doesn't draw me in the same way other composers do.
color: yellow/orange

Rachmaninoff: the master story teller. He throws you to the moon, catches
you, and then places you on a cloud.
color: red

Schubert: though he was of the same approximate time period of most of the
"immediate aesthetics", he went far beyond any of the others. He is more
filling than mozart, in ways. His C major quintet is maahvolous.
color: geen/yellow

Schumann: master of chords. looove schumann. his notes are lingering, yet
not "lazy". he is gentle, but not sappy. very nice.
color: purple/orange

notice I hardly ever write about Glenn Gould. Well... what can I say? Bach
is a god, Glenn is a prophet!

see you guys later...

		-Jon