Re: Brandenburgs

> is "the slaughterhouse five" worth it? or is it just the soundtrack that's
> cool?

I think it's a fine adaptation of the book.  If you liked the book,
you *may* like the movie.  I seem to remember that Vonnegut was none
too happy with it: but, by and large, I think it works as cinema.
The acting is perfect for the tone, the soundtrack highlights it just
so and it's a great story.  The big disappointment is the
Tralfamadorians (sorry, if I misspelled that.), though.  I wanted to
see animated plungers with hands for heads and one eye that they
could cover with their hand...but, you have to settle for a lot less.

I'd say it's worth the rental.  And, while you're at it, pick up Ma
Nuit Chez Maud, which has no Gould or Bach, but it does have an okay
Mozart....It's also one of the best movies of the 1960s and is Eric
Rohmer's masterpiece.

All the best,

Keith

Keith Weston  http://www.io.com/~jkweston
As heard on WUNC-FM, 91.5, Ur In Pea Are Station
. . . and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes.
-James Joyce, Ulysses