GG: First Releases, First Authorized Releases and the Vault !

Dear f-minor,

As I continue to scoop up my share (or more) of the GG discography, I
have taken a moment to wonder...
...I have seen many First Releases and First Authorized Releases of his
music.
Does anyone know how or why the GG estate would decide to first issue a
GG recording?
(I would like facts if possible, but theories or guesses are fine!)

As a corollary to that,
How do they decide what not to issue?
For example, the Brahms Concerto with Leonard Bernstein.

I also wonder does anyone have a list of recordings GG made that are
currently unavailible?

I would appreciate any thoughts (especially from those with better
things to do than complain about our group).

All the Best,
Yours,
Charlie