Re: How does one acquire a GG collection w/o going broke?

When I enrolled in the Columbia House Classical CD club, they offered,
among other introductory offers, 'Glenn Gould Plays Bach', a set of 14 (I
think) GG CDs. French Suites, English Suites, Well-Tempered Clavier I and
II, Toccatas, 2 and 3 Part Inventions, Goldbergs (1955), and the Partitas
(love those Partitas!). I had a hassle getting all of the correct CDs
(they shipped some duplicates while leaving some out), but that got
squared away. I believe total cost was only around $45 dollars US. This
was about 12-18 months ago (?). The ad was in Scientific American (of all
places). A total bargain, no matter how you look at it.

The club isn't bad either.

Erich Schmidt

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
JRRT