GG:Gibbons,Bunin

Hi all!

Some days ago RIchard F. Makse wrote:
Gould mentioned somewhere that his love of Gibbons developed from a hearing
of a performance of anthems of Gibbons by the late Alfred Deller.

Two years ago I looked for this record, but it wasn't available.
Yesterday I was reading the new DGG catalogue and I found it in
the new series called "codex". I'm going to pick it up ASAP!

O. GIBBONS
Anthems, Madrigals and Fantasies
Deller Consort - Alfred Deller
Violen Ensemble der Schola Cantorum Basiliensis - August Wenzinger
(+ MORLEY: Madrigals - Ambrosian Singers, Denis Stevens)
CD 453 166-2

About Bunin: some years ago I heard (on the radio) him playing Kempff's
arrangement of the siciliana from a flute sonata by Bach (probably CPE).
I really couldn't bear his rubato, and I thought the whole way of playing was
lacking in what I would call "integrity".
For the same piece, I like Dinu Lipatti very much.
1. Do you know Dinu Lipatti? I think everybody who loves Gould loves
   Lipatti too.
2. Do you know whether Gould has ever mentioned Lipatti?

I'm very glad to have found f-minor; I'm very sorry for I can't tell you
what I'd like to tell because of my bad english (I began writing several
times, but going on was too hard). But, while to write is
quite difficult, I can read all your interesting messages: thank you!

Livio Marangon