GG -- but only just

There are enough broad minded music fiends on this list to make me feel
fairly sure that I can share this with you.

Tonight, a dreary Friday, trying to ward of the chill weather and end of
week melancholy, I lay on the bed for a few moments, waiting for pizza to
arrive (I admit it), and glanced at this. The poem is as strange and lovely
as ever.

Enjoy,   Alun

Radio

Why do you play such dreary music
on Saturday afternoon, when tired
mortally tired I long for a little
reminder of immortal energy?

                                All
week long while I trudge fatiguingly
from desk to desk in the museum
you spill your miracles of Grieg
and Honegger on shut-ins.

                                Am I not
shut in too, and after a week
of work don't I deserve Prokofieff?

Well, I have my beautiful de Kooning
to aspire to. I think it has an orange
bed in it, more than the ear can hold.

- Frank O'Hara, Meditations in an Emergency

ALUN SEVERN     * snailmail:             1 Chestnut Rd  Oldbury
                                         West Midlands  B68 0AX
                                                        England
                * voice:                          0121 422 9509
                * email:                 alun@ukiah.demon.co.uk