Re: GG plays Byrd & Gibbons

>On Sun, 19 Jan 1997, Alan wrote:
>
>> How  does the GG/Gibbons SOUND***?
>
> but I've always felt that if Byrd and
>Gibbons could hear Gould's rendition on that recording, they would say,
>"That's how I heard it in my head."

Having listened to the Byrd/Gibbons for the first time last night, I can
now say that the disc is a revelation -- GG at his most ecstatic and
inward; almost shamanistic....

Best,  Alun

ALUN SEVERN     * snailmail:   1 Chestnut Rd  Oldbury
                               West Midlands  B68 0AX   England
                * voice:       0121 422 9509
                * email:       alun@ukiah.demon.co.uk
"...[it is] my sober conviction that no piano need feel
    duty-bound to always sound like a piano."   - Glenn Gould