Re: GG: Gibbons = Gould

>>Having just returned from a wonderful trip to England, I have been dreaming
>>about the great Tudor composer Orlando Gibbons and, of course, ruminating
>>on how GG believed that it was this composer, among all others, with whom,
>>at some unfathomable level, he most identified. [...]

Better organised readers of this list will no doubt refer you to the
specific messages exploring Gibbons' music whih were weaving back and forth
just a few weeks ago. You refer to "copy/ies being worn out" and I wonder
if you are referring to:

Consort Musick of Byrd & Gibbons, GLENN GOULD, Sony (Canada?), WSK52589

which I believe is still in the Sony Canada catalog but unavailable in the
UK (maybe throughout Europe too). If so -- I have a tape transfer from a
v.old vinyl with dubious sound but it seems as you say a marvellously
serene record. How can I get the current CD version??

Best,  Alun

Alun Severn    snailmail:     1 Chestnut Rd  Oldbury
                              West Midlands  B68 0AX   England
                voice:        0121 422 9509
                email:        alun@ukiah.demon.co.uk
"...[it is] my sober conviction that no piano need feel
    duty-bound to always sound like a piano."   - Glenn Gould