GG: Art of the Fugue

Last night I caught part of an interview with the Julliard Quartet on CBC
Radio.  From what I gathered, the quartet had recently recorded The Art of
the Fugue, to commemorate the group's 50th anniversary.

When questioned about the choice of repertoire, it was either Robert Mann
or the cellist (Sheldon Rose?  I'm not sure about his name) who commented
that although A of F had been transcribed for many sizes and types of
ensembles, this was the first transcription that they found acceptable for
string quartet.  He added that out of the performances heard to date,
Gould's organ version must have been one of the stranger ones!