GG: "Post-Gouldian" Diabelli Variations

I was just reading the liner notes to Richter's Praga disc of Beethoven Op.
90 , 101, 106.  In discussing the various cycles of Richter's Active
repetoire, the author notes a time in the 80's which encompasses his
"post-Gouldian" triumph of the Diabelli variations.  I wonder what
significance this might have aside from the fact that it refers to a time
period after GG's death.  Are we to assume that the author of these notes
believes GG would have had the authorative reading of this work, or for
Beethoven in general, so that we must now designate the initials B.G. and
A.D.G. when reference recordings?  Perhaps we should!!

Tony