Re: GG: Charles Rosen's Goldbergs

    I was more pleased with his
    Art of Fugue and ricercars than the Goldbergs,

Me too.  The only complete piano Art of Fugue recording I like better
than Rosen's is Joanna Macgregor's recent one.

The thing I really liked about Rosen was the liner notes :-).  In fact,
his description of the whole thing is what gave me the courage to
attempt to play some of the A.of.F, however haltingly.

   I do wish GG had tried the Art of Fugue on the harpsichord

I wish he'd given us a complete performance on piano.
Maybe in the next universe ...