Re: GG: Kunst ist tot?

No. I'm sorry to say they do not have a web-site or email. It seems many of
these good mail order companies in Great Britain, like Europadisc in
Sudbury (the best!) and Tandy's in Birmingham (very good too) are a bit old
fashioned when it comes to these technologies, but since they do such a
great job and charge so little - sometimes just 40% of the retail price
here in Sweden - it doesn't matter so much. Use the phone or a fax.

It's really absurd, isn't it, that if I want to buy a Swedish classical cd,
I get it much cheaper from Great Britain by air mail, than if I go to the
local record store here in Sweden!!!

A suggestion also: Read the good old Gramophone magazine. They carry a lot
of advertisments from these mail order companies, with sometimes hysterical
bargains. The first Glenn Gould box in the Edition, with 17 cd's, was about
$150 when I wanted to buy it last spring from England! In Sweden the same
set is $350!

You might want the postal address of Europadisc too:

Europadisc
(World Wide Record Supplier)
89-91 North Street
Sudbury
Suffolk C010 6RF
England

Phone: 44 1787 375743
Fax: 44 1787 311469

Ingvar Loco Nordin

____________________________  reply separator_______________________________

>That's great news, for which many thanks. I'm certainly going to give
>them a go. Do they have an email address or Web site?
>
>Tim Conway
><tpconway@ozemail.com.au>

>On 11/1/97 Ingvar Loco Nordin wrote:
>
>>Well, I live in Sweden, and although it's in Europe I always use mail order
>>to buy my classical cd's. I just wanted to recommend to you what must be
>>the best music mail order company anywhere; Europadisc in Sudbury, England.
>>
>>They are fast, reliable and can get you anything at all. They are very
>>cheap too. A set that in Sweden would cost me $350, costed me $150 from
>>Europadisc, air fare included!
>>
>>They also have an un-heard-of deal if there is a faulty disc in your order:
>>They tell you to call them, and they will send you a replacement with a
>>prepaied return package. They explicity tell you not to send the cd back
>>until you've received the new one! Believe me, they are GOOD. No need to go
>>looking in stores anymore, anywhere! If you have a VISA card you just fax
>>them your order with youe number, or just call it in!
>>
>>Europadisc fax: 44 1787 311469
>>
>>Phone: 44 1787 375743

All places are here!  All times are now!