Re: GG: Kunst ist NICHT tot!

>IMHO the problem of buying classical cd's is only the top of the iceberg.
>It is true that it's actually becoming more and more difficult to get new
>cd's, but the problem is that the less classical cd's are sold the more
>they will be expensive; and then cd's edition houses won't be able to
>product anymore classical cd's.

I don't think at all this is the case. Since it nowadays is very easy to
get whatever cd you want from anywhere via email, fax, telephone and a VISA
card, I think the situation is precisely the opposite. I think that the
producers of cd's can be more sure these days to get the cd's sold than
before, but always on a global scale. it is now also very easy to advertise
your cd's on the www for all the world to see.

I'm not only interested in huge products like the Glenn Gould Edition on
Sony and such, but also in minor productions which are printed in maybe 500
or 1000 copies. Never yet have I been unable to get what I wanted. In
extreme cases I have asked in a discussion group, like rec.music.classical,
and on one occasion the composer himself answered me, and I got the music.

I may be that the stores in the U.S.A. have a smaller stock these days
BECAUSE OF the good availability of all kinds of music on the net or from
mail order companies by other means too, like letters.

The cd's that you can buy from, for instance, Europadisc in England, are
also very cheap. So, no worries folks! It's simply other times now. It's
easier than ever to get the cd's you want, and it's also cheaper than ever!

Ingvar Loco Nordin

All places are here!  All times are now!