Re: GG on voice

   Oh, I think GG had a healthy resepct for singers, judging by his
admiration for works ranging from Wagner's Ring Cycle to Pet Clark's "Who am
I". Besides a very open admiration for Roxolana Roslak (I read a rumor of
their romantic involvement, but Rox seems like the kind of gal who would have
'fessed up to it if questioned and as far as I know she hasn't), he was also
a confessed fan of Barbra Streisand. He seemed to favor women's vocals to
men's.
   I also think it is safe to say that Gould heartily enjoyed singing. I'm
sure many fans have seen the video of him serenading a herd of cows with
opera - though it can't necessarily be said that his enjoyment produced good
form; Mario Prizak (whom David Daniel referred to in his response "GG:
Voice") is on record to F. Girard describing Gould's voice as "not very
pleasant"! (Rox Roslak also described an occasion when Gould insisted on
rehearsing lieder with her over the phone, and sang at her continuously for
hours.) I personally don't find GG's voice "unpleasant", as the definition
goes,  but it is rather alarming!