Re: Live/radio rec.

Live GG material that I know of available on cd:

   SMK 52685: GG Live in Salzburg & Moscow - Sony

   SMK 52686: GG Live in Leningrad (1957) - Sony

   SMK 52687: GG Beethoven & Strauss w/Toronto Symphony
   Orch - Sony (Live Television Broadcast)

   M2K 42270: GG Bach Concertos - Leningrad Orch & CBS
   Symphony Orch (Duplicated material from the later Sony
   release, this one might not be in active print)

   PSCD2004: GG plays Beethoven w/ the CBC Symphony Orch -
   CBC Records (Live Radio Broadcast)

   PSCD2005: GG plays Bach w/ Toronto Symphony Orch - CBC
   Records (Live Radio Broadcast)

   PSCD2007: GG performs GBerg Variations + WTC Bk. 2 - CBC
   Records (Radio Performace)

   That's really all I know of currently in print (if there are more, someone
please let me know, with catalog numbers if possible). I agree with Lori on
this one, GG really didn't dig live recording too much, even when he
performed live regularly. For Gould, it was as if the act of performing live
was, in itself, horrific enough; he didn't need the threat of a recorded
reminder of the dreaded event to add to his pre-show angst. Still, the
immediacy and energy of his recorded performances are a sheer joy.
 Incidentally, I cast my vote for "Opus One" as the database name, it seems
very appropriate in  light of Gould's own sadly limited compositional output.
I like to remember his guarded but enthusiastic, "It's Opus Two that counts!"