The Goldbug Variations

Somebody on the list was mentioning the above book by Richard Powers.  Soon
after we arrived in Adelaide for our Christmas jaunt, I went to the local
shopping centre and there, in a cut-price book store, was The Goldbug
variations for AU$6.95.  Of course I immediately purchased it.

Could those who previously commented about the book please repeat why they
liked it so much.  I have not started yet but I would like to have some idea
of wht I should particularly look for.

Leon Le Leu
Adelaide (temporarily for Christmas)
Australia