Re: GG: court musicians

*Was* there a settlement in this William Kapell case? Seems to me it would be
a dangerous precedent to set, what with all of the deaths in airplane
crashes. Just imagine if the potential monetary worths of Buddy Holly, Richie
Valens, Big Bopper (ok, maybe he didn't have too much) and Stevie Ray Vaughan
were tallied against the airlines. What about the Brazilian soccer players in
the Andes - they would certainly have claim for damages, how could you not be
scarred from being forced into cannibalism? From there it would only be a
short step to tallying the worth of all of the architects, accountants and
gastroenterologists who have undoubtably died in plane crashes... seems like
an endless string of litigation (not that this is not an overly-litigious
society we live in). Could such a thing be plausibly realized? Don't you fly
at your own risk? I'm not talking about pilots who may have been drinking in
the cocktail lounge and are at obvious fault for not providing the safest
flight within their capabilities, I'm talking about just plain dumb luck.
Manuel, help me out on this one.