FW: Glenn Gould Magazine

Dear f_minor subscribers:

With respect to the overdue third issue of the GlennGould magazine, I can
pass on the following as a director of  the Gould Foundation:

The delay is not John Miller's fault.  The graphic designer who has been
responsible for the layout and design of all issues of the magazine thus far
was gravely ill last summer.  He was hospitalized, eventually operated on
and required about 3 months of recovery, which stretched into the fall.
  All the copy for the delayed issue of the magazine was ready many months
ago but the bottleneck was in the layout and design stage.  A new layout
artist had to be found and engaged.  Once the delay extended into October,
the Foundation decided to update that issue of the magazine with news and
photos of the September 25th
Gould prize ceremony in Toronto, which further delayed it.  The issue has
now been delivered from the printer and is being mailed to subscribers this
week and next.  The Gould Foundation regrets these delays and wants to
assure all subscribers that they will receive their promised issues of the
magazine *very* soon.  We thank you for your understanding and patience just
a little while longer.

For your further information, there are now several hundred subscribers in
27 countries, numbers which the Glenn Gould Foundation didn't even dream of
a year ago.  John Miller is essentially a one-man operation and as such can
only accomplish what is humanly possible for one man.  He will have
additional help in the New Year on matters relating to the Gould Foundation
and the magazine.  Early word has it that copy for the spring '97 issue is
largely complete already and John is predicting that it will be published on
time.

On behalf of the Glenn Gould Foundation, may I extend all good wishes of the
season and for 1997 to subscribers of the f_minor discussion list. -
T.Maloney

Dr. S. Timothy Maloney   Tel:  (613) 995-3400
Director, Music Division Fax: (613) 952-2895
National Library of Canada    internet:  timothy.maloney@nlc-bnc.ca