GG: Re: absolute pitch

Hi! Your discussion on absolute pitch has spurred my memory...
Some twenty years ago, I read about a certain Joseph(?) Joachim, a
violinist who sued the Royal Conservatory (London, cir. 1930's) for not
implementing the correct, absoulte pitch. I remember wondering how
something as preposterous as this could happen to a prestigious musical
institution.

I don't think its worth my time to research on the matter, but I still
wonder: Did this really happen? Or was it apocrypha? When exactly did
A440 become standardized?

I would be glad if someone can verify this for me, and tell me (since I
can't remember the source anymore) I didn't just make this up.