Re: RE:GG Images

   I don't understand the reference to Attila Csampai. What essay? Which
book? I don't see it in 'Images'.
   I might be alone on this one, but personally I see no need to be precious
about GG; if indeed there is an essay that, without undue criticism of his
creative output, refers to his life as an "autistic childworld," well I'd say
it was a pretty fair clinical description. In fact, I'd have to say that I
agree with it.
   Such a description, though perhaps startling at first read, does in no way
diminish my appreciation of his passion for life and his gifts of creativity.
In fact, without having read the essay in question, I find it hard to view
"autistic childworld" as a condemnation, the two words seem to play very well
off each other; the harsh, intellectual, unsocialized solitude of archetypal
autism, balanced by the naive, exuberant yet timid joys of the childworld. A
state of being that indefinitely separates the individual from the outside
world, a state of being that confounds and inspires.
   At least it's a nice change from boring old 'eccentric.'