GG/Shine

Hello folks,

Today, I went to see the Shine movie. In my opinion, it is very
worthwhile to attend it. This life of the "Australian Horowitz" is
certainly amazing. I did feel however, that there is not very much piano
playing in this movie. My theater did not have the soundtrack and I will
get it elsewhere.

The resemblances with GG are in my opinion so extreem, that I cannot
readily decide whether it is fact or fiction. Mr. Helfgott soaked his
hands in hot water before performing and - yes also played with gloves
on! Rather that using the vacuum-cleaner, he practised with a blindfold.

There is no musical comparison: All the piano pieces performed have
never been played by GG to my knowledge.

David Helfgott will give a concert tour in Switzerland next year. I do
intend to go and watch his performance.

Also, during my stay in Australia, I have never seen so much rain!!!

Enjoy the movie when it gets out in your area.
--
Regards,

Aart Smits
ASB, Aart Smits Beratung
Phone: +41-61-4010368  Fax: +41-61-4010327
E-mail: smits@bluewin.ch