GG: Friedrich's daughter

  Strangest thing happened today...
About 4 months ago I sent a letter to Otto Friedrich to ask him his opinion
on a question (I did not know that he died last year) about GG. I had not
heard back, so I assumed the letter was lost or delayed. Then today I got an
unexpected letter from his daughter Molly, the one who encouraged Otto to
write Life & Variations and who swayed Mr. Posen in her father's favor. She
had hastily scrawled that her father had died the year before, and that her
mother had passed away yesterday (the letter was dated Dec 1). She was going
through her mother's belongings and found my letter, opened, among the bills.
My kind words about Otto F. prompted Molly to respond. She said she was sorry
my question would go unanswered (something that really matters very little to
me in the grand scheme of things). I plan on sending a condolatory card, I
thought I might see if anyone has relevant sympathies to express?
Best regards, Kristen.