GG RE: The English Patient

Hi Gerald and all -
I did not know Michael Ondaatje's _English Patient_ was
adapted into a film.  It is a beautiful novel, isn't it?

I accessed:  www.miramax.com/movies/1english.html

and found out it is now playin NY, LA, and Toronto.

I dounloaded the videoclip and listened the Goldberg.
It sounds like GG's performance, but it is not.

I accessed to Fantasy Records' page via the miramax
(http://www.fantasyjazz.com/patient.html),
and got to know the soundtrack album is performed by
Academy of St.Martin in the Fields and the pianist
is John Constable.

I am not sure the film is a good one,
but I dare to say the novel is worth reading
if you are interested in GG and the Canadian culture.

Don't you think so, Canadian list members?

Junichi