Re: GG: "Canadian content"

I agree with Kathleen Lee's message  entirely.

The relevant CRTC regulations regarding current Canadian content
requirements are at <http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/legal/radioreg.htm>.

As to Morawetz and Willan: both were immigrants to Canada and, I believe,
occupy opposite poles of the compositional spectrum. Willan is the (late)
conservative British expat in the colonies (now enjoying something of a
revival on Virgin records). Morawetz is from the "old-world" (Czech I
think), with a bit more of an avant-garde feel. Both are viewed as "big
names" in the pantheon of Canadian composers.

Canadian content was a hot topic in the early 70's as it was relatively new.
I agree that GG is not being sarcastic, but is poking light fun at a current
and even controversial subject.

Ron

ronald d. davis | barrister and solicitor
54 brunswick avenue | toronto | ontario | canada m5s 2l7
Vox: (416) 929-2324 | Fax: (416) 929-1087
e-mail: rdavis@chass.utoronto.ca