Re: Eccentricities?

Steven F. Walker wrote:

> Dear Lori Lalonde: can you explain exactly how GG used 2 radios and a
> television for "white noise"? That is, did he play different channels/stations
> simultaneously and cacophonously, or did he tune in to a blank area for the
> static/buzz/ i.e. "white noise" properly speaking? Thanks. Steve Walker

Steve,

I've read and heard that Gould used to tune the radios on two
different stations.  And, of course, the television would be on a
different station.

I believe, though, that he used this as a form of "white noise" since
he said it would help him to focus on something completely different.
Although, he was also capable of listening to those stations at the
same time.

Lori