Re: GG: Shuffling

Hello f-minors,

I've been following the GG Shuffling debate with interest and amazement.
Now we have frank Anon's message of 1/11/96 (I won't repeat it -- it's
too long). He asks those of us with the one-track Goldbergs to send him
our original matrix numbers. Wow. His erudition astounds me. I mean, I'm
keen on certain recordings, but _his_ keenness knows no bounds. I feel
way out of my depth. I'm not being sarcastic -- I am truly amazed and in
awe.

Anyway, frank Anon, I bought the 1981 GV in Hong Kong in about 1983,
which is roughly when I first heard of GG's death. It's a Sony recording
with the catalog number 38DC 35. It's all one track, but the liner notes,
which are all in Japanese except for bits here and there, give the start
times of the first and last arias and the 30 variations in between.

The interesting bit is that my run-in groove has the number

               38DC-35-2 [longish gap] 1B11

It's a bit difficult to read but I think I've got it right. I hope that
helps you, frank Anon. I'm all agog to hear what the numbers mean.

Tim

--------------------------------
Tim Conway
301 Glenfern Road
Upwey, VIC 3158, Australia
Tel: +61.3.9754.8544
Fax: +61.3.9752.5309
email: <tpconway@ozemail.com.au>
Intel spends an average of $8,000 a year per for each PC to keep its
internal PC network running, and that figure is probably close to what
other corporations spend, Intel spokesman Tom Waldrop said.
Who says Macs are more expensive?