Re: (Fwd) G.G:Gould at work

T.J. WATT wrote:

> [...]

Mr. Watt,

First, if you do happen to find Mr. Kazdin's book, please take what he
says with a grain of salt.

I found him to be particularly critical of Mr. Gould and apparently
for nothing more than his feelings were hurt.  Remember, he was the
one who did not move forward as Glenn did when he was able to obtain
the digital technology.  Columbia then dismissed him (unfortunately,
according to Kazdin) on a Christmas Eve.  Glenn would not speak up for
his "friend", so Kazdin became bitter.  He would not even attend
Glenn's funeral claiming he had to travel back and forth between
Toronto and New York enough.  He didn't owe Glenn anything.

for the concert scene and live performances (hence his very limited
repetoire and recorded library).  He was interviewed in 1994 on a CD
which came with his re-release of the Rachmaninov Concerto 1 and the
"Emperor".  Where he states this directly, and in the biography,
"Cliburn", he does say he couldn't agree with Gould and that concerts
is what classical music was all about.  Apparently, the two did
discuss this in one of Glenn's numerous and lengthy telephone
conversations.

Lori Lalonde