(Fwd) G.G:Gould at work

Forwarded message:
From:     Self <LUCS-H22/MUS3TJW>
To: f-minor@email.rutgers.edu
Subject: G.G:Gould at work
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 15:59:14 GMT

Hi, I just joined the list yesterday and was delighted to find a list
dedicated to Glenn Gould.
I am a  finalist (Music) at Leeds University, England, writng my
dissertation about Gould's "live music prophecies". I've managed to
collect the standard Gould books; 'Music and Mind',' Life and
Variations', 'The Glenn Gould Reader' etc etc, but, being in Britain,
alot of Gould books are hard, if not impossible, to find.
The British Library only stock the german traslation of Kazdin's
'Glenn Gould at Work'. I can order the english version from the
Library of Congress through Inter-Library-Loans here at Leeds,
although I've been told international searches can take up to six
months!
If this book is more readily available in the States, or anywhere
else, I would be most grateful if anyone could suggest how I get hold
of a copy. Or, (and I realise this is a terribly big request), if
anyone out there has a copy and would like to part with it (only for
as long as it takes me to photocopy relevant bits), I would of course
refund postage etc in full.
Also, does anyone know of any books by musicians that say Gould was
wrong, that recordings DON'T represent the way forward, and that the
concert WILL survive well into the next millenium?
So sorry to announce my arrival on this list with a letter full of
requests, but any help would be most greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Trevor Watt.
Leeds University.
mus3tjw@leeds.ac.uk