GG: CBC, posting rules...

	As a courtesy to all of our Canadian members, I'll be happy to
send information about the petition to save the CBC from suffering
budget cuts to anyone who wants it, but PLEASE e-mail me privately and
NOT the entire list.  I'm whole-heartedly behind the petition but in
my view as list-owner, it is appropriate to announce the petition but
not to circulate it continuously on the list.

	Please do consider the nature of our discussion (Gould) before
you cross-post, or multipost from other lists.  If non-sensical posts
become a problem, I'll first notify the sender before I take any
administrative action, but I may be forced to unsubscribe people who
repeatedly send innappropriate or incomprehensible mail to the list.
It is *extremely* difficult if not impossible to maintain quality of
conversation on any list when the mail headers are not clear about who
the sender and intended receiver of the mail is, or most impossibly,
when there are no subject headings.

	What's appropriate? I welcome info from all over the net, but
I expect to see:
	1) A header indicating that the mail is about Gould (GG: as a
		opener was suggested long ago and has been the preference.)
	2) A clear indication in the header that the mail was sent to
		f_minor (in other words, f_minor's address should not
		be burried in a long list of other "carbon copies")
	3) An explanation, however brief, of the origin of mail from
		people who are not on the list.  (If it's from
		rec.music.classical, for example, say so and give
		context for the conversation.)

	If you ever have any questions about material and if it should
be posted, please contact me.  This list is not moderated in the
traditional sense but with some 230 members, there have to some basic
rules of courtesy if we are to maintain the quality of conversation
we're used to having.

	Also, if you have problems unsubscribing or subscribing
contact me personally for two reasons: 1) no one else on the list can
help you and 2) I'm always happy to oblige people who need assistance
in *anything* related to Gould or the list.

Thank you very much,
Mary Jo Watts,
mwatts@rci.rutgers.edu